Medical Lab Assistant
Gainesville, FL 32608 US
WorkSquare is currently looking to hire Medical Lab Assistants for great opportunities in a large, Level I Trauma hospital located in Gainesville, FL, 32608.
NOT SEEKING PHLEBOTOMISTS OR MEDICAL ASSISTANTS!
- COVID Vaccinations are required
- Under direct supervision, performs routine laboratory analytical procedures related to preparing and storing human biological samples, blood and body fluids, for microbiological, hematological, immunohematological and chemical analysis.
- Releases and/or places orders in hospital and laboratory computer systems, receives, processes and distributes specimens and/or blood products.
- Performs various functions including loading samples onto analyzers, preparing slides for staining and preparing samples for transport to other laboratories.
Location: Gainesville, FL, 32608
13-week contract with possible extension
36 to 40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 12 Hour Days or Nights Available
Pay Rate: $26 - $29 per hour based on experience ($936 - $1, 044 weekly based on experience)
Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit Available
Health Insurance and Life Insurance Coverage Available
- COVID Vaccinations are required to be submitted to the facility
- BLS Certification required
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- One or more of the following is strongly preferred: A. Six months of lab specific experience (clinical or hospital based preferred) or B. graduation from a certified health-related program at high school level or above or C. successful completion of Advanced Placement courses in the sciences at the high school level or D. successful completion of science based studies at college level (minimum 3 credit hours). Prefer GPA of 3.0 or above.
Must have computer operational skills using a personal computer, laboratory system or other hospital information system.
Must be able to successfully pass a background check, drug screening and submit immunization/vaccine records after interviewing with the facility
ABOUT WorkSquare: Since 2008, WorkSquare has led the effort to provide high-quality recruitment and staffing needs with proven financial education. We believe that when employees are equipped with the right resources, they are more productive professionally and prosperous personally.
OUR VISION: A world where every person has the resources to achieve a life of purpose & financial well-being.
OUR MISSION: To empower individuals to build prosperity through job placement & financial education.